Who Are We?
about 1 year ago
Where Are We Going?
15 days ago
- The PK-6 technology curriculum is aligned with ISTE and Virginia Department of Education technology standards. References to content area standards are also present in this curriculum. Professional development for effectively teaching this curriculum will be provided.
- Professional Development Sessions are held on a monthly basis, as well as, every summer. These sessions will concentrate on integrating Interactive Tools and Google Apps effectively into instruction. This professional development can be face to face or through video conferencing to each school site.
- PK-12th grade students will receive in-depth instruction on Internet safety and etiquette.
- Replace Laptop Carts as needed in the 2 elementary schools
- Continue upgrade of switches and servers and other infrastructure needs
- Support teachers through modeling, peer observations, and professional development as they transition from teacher dominated technology use to student dominated technology use
- Provide teachers and administrators the opportunity to become Google Certified Educators by supporting them throughout the process
Director of Instructional Technology
Instructional Technology Resource Teacher
The Latest Technology Continues to be Deployed
15 days ago
- ViewSonic Interactive Boards and Related Tools and resources will be deployed in our classrooms for the 2018-2019 school year. These boards will house an in slot computer, which makes it easier to stream and deliver impactful multimedia content by providing added computing power and touch functionalities. These boards are a refresh of a Promethean Interactive Whiteboard lease that was deployed 5 years ago. This represents our Division's continued effort to ensure that our teachers and students have the most effective technology available to enhance the learning process in our classrooms.
- This year we will continue the Paperless Classroom project. This is not a classroom that does not use paper, rather it a classroom built around the digital tools and resources of the 21st Century. Each student will be assigned a netbook to use in the classroom and each student will be assigned a student email account (all of our students have email accounts) with which to communicate to the teacher all assignments and receive work assignments from the teacher. They will also employ the Google Apps tools, Google Docs, Google Calendar and email which is all web-based.
- This year, our 1:1 and Paperless Classroom initiatives will be enhanced by introducing the Learning Management System (LMS) approach to the instructional process. Teachers will be provided with continuous professional development on implementing Schoology, our LMS, into their classrooms.
- The 1:1 initiative, which provides personal devices to all students in grades 7-12 will continue for 2018-2019.
- A PK-6 Lab Curriculum aligned with ISTE and VA Technology Standards, which will promote skills acquisition and collaboration, and will continue this year.
Welcome to the NCPS Technology Department
15 days ago